MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySpace does it again....*sigh*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So MySpace has again changed.. Don't get me wrong, I like change - if it's under 2 conditions: I'm warned, or it's actually nice...

Problems:
New messages != new messages :: It may say you have new messages, but odds are you probably don't.
How To Fix: If you have 2 friends online, this will work well. Just have each of them send you a message. Or, you can have one friend send you 2 messages(seperately). This will make MySpace reset the counter, and it should work fine now.

Deleting messages sticks :: If you don't let the page load all the way(or it says it does, but the pesky ads are still loading), it will says it's deleting your messages - but it won't; or it will, but it will stick.

Why these problems bother me....
Well, seeing as MySpace is a social networking site - you can expect SOME things to be broken at first; or break from tons of use by all of MySpace's users. But they've released 2 things I've noticed were broken from the start..IM on MySpace, and then the new mail.. I just wish they would take the time to actually test their stuff before they "release" it to the public..

So far, that's all I've found. But, seeing as this is new, it deserves a chance - right? I don't think it does. Every time MySpace releases something new, they don't test it.
* x_Stricken_x sighs
(2009-08-05, 01:08 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I just wish they would take the time to actually test their stuff before they "release" it to the public..

Just like expensive security audits should catch every bug. Hate to break it to ya' but it's never going to work flawlessly of the catch.
(2009-08-05, 01:10 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-05, 01:08 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I just wish they would take the time to actually test their stuff before they "release" it to the public..

Just like expensive security audits should catch every bug. Hate to break it to ya' but it's never going to work flawlessly of the catch.
True, but still - they could at least test it before they throw it at us.
serves you right for still using myspace
(2009-08-05, 01:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]serves you right for still using myspace

I like Myspace. I have a facebook, but still go on Myspace a lot.
i closed my myspace years ago

i'm not sure why you're surprised, that site was always a mess and buggy as hell
Well, there's a reason why MySpace's visitors have fallen 20% in a year, and Facebook gained 100% increase. Go figure.

Unfortunately, not every bug appears during internal testing. When it's applied to real data and changed significantly, all sorts of problems can crop up. That's why Facebook does a 'beta' test on profiles before they make massive changes.
What I hated about MySpace is that people had a million huge animated GIFs on their pages, a hundred YouTube videos, and music that started playing automatically, very loudly. With Facebook it's just one style, you can add little applications, but it's so much cleaner.
(2009-08-05, 11:40 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What I hated about MySpace is that people had a million huge animated GIFs on their pages, a hundred YouTube videos, and music that started playing automatically, very loudly. With Facebook it's just one style, you can add little applications, but it's so much cleaner.

There's a news feature called "lite view" where you can view people's profile without any of the annoying gifs. Myspace is getting better. I know the bug that they have right now is kind of big, but they have been adding some really nice features.
(2009-08-05, 11:40 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What I hated about MySpace is that people had a million huge animated GIFs on their pages, a hundred YouTube videos, and music that started playing automatically, very loudly. With Facebook it's just one style, you can add little applications, but it's so much cleaner.
That's the reason I never saw what was so good about MySpace. I even steered clear of Facebook for ages because of the bad impression MySpace left me with. Facebook is the bomb. They have issues to work out, just like any other site.

Everyone should just leave MySpace. Smile
Pages: 1 2