MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with running a hack forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering. Isn't it kinda risky running a hack forum? I mean it is a hack forum. Undecided Someone could just hack into your forum easily. I don't know how Omni/Labbroca manages it.
(2009-08-05, 06:11 AM)Pingo Wrote: [ -> ]Someone could just hack into your forum easily.

Not really, provided you are using secure software it shouldn't be a problem. After all hackers can't hack from nothing, they can only hack your site if there is a vulnerability for them to exploit. It is a good idea though to have a good understanding of security so you are able to recognise an issue if you come across one. DDos is another significant issue to so for this reason it is best to run a fairly capable server.
Now, how can you secure yourself?

Not that i'm being hacked or anything Angel
I handle it because I am not a noob. I been a webmaster for 13 years now. No one is perfect but I am way more advanced than others. Often forums are started by teens without a clue.

HF gets attacked just about every day btw.

Quote:Now, how can you secure yourself?

By being smarter and more experienced than your attackers. You just have to learn as much as you can as fast as you can. I have a vast wealth of security knowledge alongside a very strong forum administration background. I been doing successful forums for about 7 years now.
(2009-08-05, 06:45 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]HF gets attacked just about every day btw.

Just to clarify, when labrocca says attacked, he means attempted attacks Smile
(2009-08-05, 06:11 AM)Pingo Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering. Isn't it kinda risky running a hack forum? I mean it is a hack forum. Undecided Someone could just hack into your forum easily. I don't know how Omni/Labbroca manages it.

Labrocca manages it because he is smarter in that field, owns his own servers and has put thousands of dollars into it.
(2009-08-05, 02:19 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-05, 06:11 AM)Pingo Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering. Isn't it kinda risky running a hack forum? I mean it is a hack forum. Undecided Someone could just hack into your forum easily. I don't know how Omni/Labbroca manages it.

Labrocca manages it because he is smarter in that field, owns his own servers and has put thousands of dollars into it.

I know people will many people with more servers, behind more firewalls, with more money into it, that still get hacked. (Vagrant records.)
jesse (labrocca) gets hacked all of the time! He is just smart enough to fix it.
No. He gets attempted. Not hacked.
he has been hacked before. did you forget the TRH? or r00t?
Pages: 1 2