MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mysql backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hui,

Just installed MYBB for my photography forum and loving it.

When i do a backup does that backup just the posts or the whoe design of the forum?

Also , if i wanted to do a fresh install of mybb on my server without all the changes ive done design wise and then import all the posts and threads how would i do it?

Cheers

Matt
An SQL backup will save all your themes, just make sure to save your settings.php and config.php file as well.

If you want to do a fresh install, you could try the merge system, although I don't really know how that works with themes. I believe if you keep one you need to keep the other, although you can always just delete themes if you'd like.
Thats correct if you SQL backup then everything will be saved apart from the actual database credentials which are in config.php. Settings.php should also be saved.

The merge system doesn't support importing themes yet so a SQL backup is probably your best option.
Ive messed up. I deleted mbb off my server and then reinstalled a fresh mybb on.

I thought inputting my previousd mysql details on install would bring everything back and it hasnt??

How do i get out of this mess?
Installing a fresh copy with the same SQL details will overwrite your existing data. If you haven't got a backup then unfortunatly you've lost your data.
Hi,

Ive got a backup and just dropped all the new tables in phpmyadmin and then restored and its fine now , phhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!