MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows programmer anywhere?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How about a php sript to do it?

I could make a php script in a few mins, but it would not be so easy to create an exe. You have to think about mac/Linux/unix users. They won't be ableto run it, a php script/site would be so much easier as it doesn't matter which os the developer uses :p

Atm, I can't write a script, I will however write a sample php script and upload it to my blog so you can see it. This will be in a few hours though... I will also write an application in VB.net. However, as I have never made a mybb plugin, will you post the plugin mainframe for me to use? Thanks SmileU
ASFAIK mac users can run exe's but not sure atm.

I can do a Php script myself too, no problem, I allready do have a mainframe that I do use for my creations and could probably make it ready for public use within hours too...

I just thought an EXE could be easier Wink
I'll write an exe.

I can only do it on a few hours however as it is 11:40 PM where I am :p. It will be written in VB.net, or C#... I'll decide when I do it :p
Please make it work under wine though Sad
(2009-08-07, 01:56 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Please make it work under wine though Sad

Isn't that up to wine Toungue. It's supposed to run Windows programs. Not make programs for Wine Toungue.

He could always just upload the source and let you compile it on linux.
(2009-08-07, 03:21 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]He could always just upload the source and let you compile it on linux.
That only works if you're using some cross platform GUI library. I'm unsure what Mono exactly does though, or if it helps with .NET applications on Linux.

I seriously doubt the use of this, but since I wanted to challenge myself with a bit of speed programming...
Program written in VB6.
See this is why my programming teacher sucked I didn't learn jack. Toungue

But, yes Mono is supposed to replicated .net on windows. I hear it works pretty well to(for asp atleast).
i will install mono tomorrow, thanks Yumi
T
Hang on, now you're asking for a Linux version? That's going to be a lot harder for me but I shall have a go.

I'll start work in a few minutes.
(2009-08-07, 03:40 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously doubt the use of this, but since I wanted to challenge myself with a bit of speed programming...
Program written in VB6.

Hej Yumi, thank you. I'm sure it'd be useful once expaneded to read proper settings and so on.
By the way - my AntiVir told me it'd be a trojan - I ran it in virtual environment now.

(2009-08-07, 08:33 AM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]T
Hang on, now you're asking for a Linux version? That's going to be a lot harder for me but I shall have a go.

I'll start work in a few minutes.
I'd still like to have a simple windows version, like Yumi's with a more extended engine.

Thank you all for participation Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7