MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need someone to restore my backup...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there, ive been trying myself different times over 2 months to restore my backup...

i have all my original forum files and a backup i made using phpMyAdmin... but ive no clue what im doing and always fail following ur guides...

would any mod be willing to log in and give it a go themselves?

cheers.
You just need to go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, click the Import tab along the top, browse for the file, hit Go, and let it load... how do you fail?? What goes wrong?? Shouldn't take 2 months to do this...
just nothing happens... it imports the tables but i have none of my posts/members or anything when i go the forums
Well then either the backup isn't complete or the forums aren't loading the correct database.

Send your database backup to mattr [at] mybboard [dot] net
OK, looked at them, and as I thought, the reason no data imports is because the backup is empty, it's a backup of a newly installed forum. No threads, no posts, the only forum is the one that's there when you install, and there's only the admin user. All the other data is just what's there straight after you install. Sorry.
all of them are empty?
Yep, all four are empty, just what's there after the installation script has been run.
ah balls... oh well! better start from square one so! cheers for the help