MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about creating a website where mybb website owners could sign up there mods and I would train there Mods on how to use the mybb ModCp etc

I would also do the same for Admins

do you think this would work?

is there something like this already?

feedback on the idea would be nice
What would you train a mod about the ModCP?? The wiki page on it would probably give them all the info they'd need.

[Wiki: Mod_CP] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I don't really think it's a big enough topic to have a site on.
yeah, there already is a site, the wiki. Now training admins on how to run a successful forum would be a good thing.
You can't "train" a mod; you can tech them how to do things, but to be quite frank it's not worth the money or resources to do so. Once they learn how to use the mod tools, they have to gain experience on how to actually moderate a forum. It's really wasted effort because MyBB has a good enough wiki to explain these things.
ok don't think I will bother now then

I just thoght of it because my mods don't have a clue how to do anything even though I told them to read the wiki.

I think getting together with them on skype and running though everything and letting them do it themselves would be a good idea
right. already said dude.
A mini site wouldn't do any harm. but a test board still would be ideal.