MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Needing Help With Installing....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just purchased our domain and hosting from godaddy.com

I have seen on other forums, that you can have someone help you instal your forum with you/for you. I'm new to installing forums (have only used free forums) and need some big time help Smile

Thanks,
Meghan
What bit are you having trouble with?? We'll try and see if we can help your understanding and explain it first Smile
Do I need to wait for my hosting site to make my "hosting" un-pending with them before installing mybb?
I assume so, if it's pending it sounds like it isn't active yet... do you have access to your file space, or the ability to make a database yet??
It is now active....I'm totally stuck. I'd love to paypal someone some $$ to really help me get this up and running. I'm so lost.
The hosting account comes with a cpanel they just have sent you information on how to access it then you need to go to FTP accounts under files and create a FTP username and password, then you need to download a FTP Client, filezilla is a good one to use just google it, when you do all this let me know and ill help you more.
ok...off to do my technical work (this could be scary lol )
ok, i downloaded the first 2nd under mac osx, that ok? (I have a powerbook g4)
Ok- so when I tried to open (after unzipping) the 2nd mac option, it wouldn't open when i clicked on it. Just did the Linux one and it opens when I try...Ready when you are Smile
ok, now put in your FTP username and password in the username and password fields in filezilla and click quick connect.
when I click on the filezilla thing its not giving me an option of username and password. Does it matter b/c I'm using a mac?
Can someone YIM me to help me out? My name on there is megs3782.
If you want tomorrow, i can set it up for you?
Pages: 1 2