MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBux/MyCredits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-08-06, 12:58 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Myplaza is free, but all the good addons aren't.
Which would you consider a good MyPlaza addon which isn't free that MYPS has for free?
If it sounds interesting enough I may consider developing a free version.
Another question: I got MyStore from MyBBSource, and I installed it....how do I get to the store. O_O
try /store.php ballparking it. not sure

@ Yumi i personally prefer to have less functionality to have the potential but not using it.

If that doesn't sound right i mean i'd rather use less for one system, then go to out of my way to get more.
To honestly compare imho MYPLAZA is the more robust plugin while MYPS is simple. Each has their strong points. I built MYPS from a standpoint that the basic points system is central and that everything else is an add-on for it. Myplaza has it's own plugin system within mybb while MYPS uses the existing system of MyBB.

Example is the the store is built into myplaza as a module while MYPS Store is a plugin for MyBB which requires MYPS.

Someone should write up a comprehensive and fair comparison.
(2009-08-06, 02:13 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]@ Yumi i personally prefer to have less functionality to have the potential but not using it.

If that doesn't sound right i mean i'd rather use less for one system, then go to out of my way to get more.
Personal preferences are fine to have, but please make sure your statements are consistent with each other, otherwise, they simply have no meaning.

(2009-08-06, 02:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I built MYPS from a standpoint that the basic points system is central and that everything else is an add-on for it.
MyPlaza pretty much uses the same paradigm. The way things are split up may be slightly different (ie I separated the Income earning portion away from the core whereas you made yours a part of the core), but the idea of modularity is present in both systems.
I see what you mean Yumi and I do understand. Every coder likes to approach things in their own way. Plus I will easily admit you are by far the better coder. I wish you would write more plugins actually.
I feel the same labrocca, Zinga is a kick a** coder
MyPlaza might be the *best* plugin for any current forum software.
MyPlaza (Turbo) has a learning curve, and it is worth the effort.

(2009-08-06, 01:02 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-06, 12:58 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Myplaza is free, but all the good addons aren't.
Which would you consider a good MyPlaza addon which isn't free that MYPS has for free?
If it sounds interesting enough I may consider developing a free version.

IMO, one of your best plugins which never got updated was "publicly editable posts" (not originally for MyPlaza), and "edit history". What if those were updated and, in addition, users could buy (in MyPlaza) the option to modify posts in certain forums?

Your plugins are great Smile, thanks for asking.
^ Might be more effective to buy into a moderator position than use the publicly editable posts plugin.
Actually there is a money system called MyBux: http://www.kdezign.org/thread-735.html
Pages: 1 2 3