MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board is blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My board, running version 1.4.8 (mysqli) is displaying a blank page for all files except the Admin CP.I've attempted disabling plug-ins, and that changed nothing. I've also tried re-uploading all of the core files and it warrants no effect either.

I recently moved servers, however the forum was working fine last night. The Admin Log doesn't seem to show anything suspicious either.

PHP is version 5.2.10, and MySQL 5.0.81

Is there a way I can check to see what's going on? I tried to verify if it was a script error that needed rectifying, however that does not seem to be the case.

Edit: Upon further check, it seems that when browsing toward the 'General Configuration' module in the Admin CP, it does not display the configuration editor at all, as it seems to just die in the middle of the page. Could this just be due to corrupt settings? How do I find this out?
Does it always stop loading half way down?? Go into the ./inc/ folder, find settings.php, download it to your computer, and then delete it from the server. Load a few pages on the forum (I know they're blank, but still), and eventually settings.php will be regenerated, and if it is corrupt, it'll be fixed when it's remade.
If by halfway down you are referring to the Admin CP, then yes, it seems like it. The new settings file is generated, yes, but it still does not load the forum at all, and the Admin CP still does not load the general settings module fully, stopping before displaying any module contents. Would you like temp. login details for the Admin CP if you want to see what's going on?
Excuse the bump, but this topic can be closed now.

It seems that my board was heavily compromised without my awareness (no, this was not during the 1.4.6 board hacking phases, this was very recent), and a slew of .htaccess and PHP files were redirecting requests. I've run a thorough clean-up and had them all removed. I'll analyze my access logs and see if I can find enough clues to report this as a Security Breach in 1.4.8 if the team finds it necessary.
Thanks for the information, Faltzer. If you do find a security issue with 1.4.8, please use our contact form, and select "Security Related" from the subject field.

http://www.mybboard.net/contact

Smile