MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "MyLittleWiki's" network help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I've been working on some projects recently and I actually forgot about TheNetworkHelp.

Anyway, last night I upgraded to the latest mybb and made a few changes.
http://mylittlewiki.net/

Basically, the whole idea of this forum is to get help with your sites. If you need to know how to use your pc as a host, we can help ect..

Anyway, I know some of you are experts in this field aswell so get down to the forums and have fun.

(Why is it MyLittleWiki?, Well, it was originally a wikipedia for tutorials on the web, just transformed into a forum Smile)

http://mylittlewiki.net/
I apologise if it is a little slow.
I actually really like your theme, I don't know why but it is simple and clean.

I also like your topic and forums, while I am sure there are other forums on this topic they usually get bundled into the computer section of a larger forum so i think a dedicated forum is great.

The redirect thing is a little annoying though so I would ditch that and also it would be good to have a little bit more to your site, maybe a home page and wiki, this would be good for search engines and helps to take your site beyond the "just another forum" thing.

One final and important thing though, are you very knowledgeable with networking? I think having a very experienced person running the show would be the key to the success of this site, if not maybe you should consider teaming up with someone who is to co-admin.
(2009-08-06, 12:40 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I actually really like your theme, I don't know why but it is simple and clean.

I also like your topic and forums, while I am sure there are other forums on this topic they usually get bundled into the computer section of a larger forum so i think a dedicated forum is great.

The redirect thing is a little annoying though so I would ditch that and also it would be good to have a little bit more to your site, maybe a home page and wiki, this would be good for search engines and helps to take your site beyond the "just another forum" thing.

One final and important thing though, are you very knowledgeable with networking? I think having a very experienced person running the show would be the key to the success of this site, if not maybe you should consider teaming up with someone who is to co-admin.

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. At first I really liked the redirect, but yes it does get a little annoying. I'll remove it ASAP and like you said, add a wiki or something such as this.

I can do anything I need to with networking, but if you do want to help out.. you can send me a message on the forums or here if you are not ready to register.
(2009-08-06, 12:45 PM)networkforfun Wrote: [ -> ]I can do anything I need to with networking, but if you do want to help out.. you can send me a message on the forums or here if you are not ready to register.

Ok, that's good, I figured you wouldn't be starting a networking forum if you didn't know your stuff. I'll remember your forum as I might need help at some stage, networking isn't really my thing..... Toungue
(2009-08-06, 12:48 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-06, 12:45 PM)networkforfun Wrote: [ -> ]I can do anything I need to with networking, but if you do want to help out.. you can send me a message on the forums or here if you are not ready to register.

Ok, that's good, I figured you wouldn't be starting a networking forum if you didn't know your stuff. I'll remember your forum as I might need help at some stage, networking isn't really my thing..... Toungue

Toungue I'll try to keep it running. That may not be the case over the following week Sad I'm going on holiday and my other pc isn't setup to run my server yet, but when I return.. It will be a 24/7 site.