MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Invalid Forum ID" Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just installed new install of 1.4.8.

I'm showing all directories are correctly chmod'd and everything else seems fine.

I'm trying to change the defaults and add some new categories and forums but every time I either get a page reload where nothing happens, or it goes back to forum listing and says "Invalid Forum ID selected."

Need to get this fixed so I can even test this board out. Can't do anything but use "My Forum" under "My Category" right now.

Any ideas?

my install is located @ http://dallascowboysnation.com/bb/
Can you ask your host if they have mod_security installed??
wouldn't that show in php_info? I will ask but I didn't find it in my php_info at all.
mod_security is installed - got them on the phone checking things. Now what?
Don't think it shows in the phpinfo... could you ask them to disable it from your account?? I think labrocca said once that this issue is linked to mod_security so give it a go, see if it works then.
They're saying they can whitelist it, trying to now for certain rules they say it's hitting.
So far no go - restarting apache
Love this forum software - BTW - just need to get it working correctly on my site and you've got a fan
Hopefully it'll work, if not, we'll try and see what else we can try.
Okay, sorry had to go to work while still trying to get it resolved with the host. As of right now it is working correctly. The tech couldn't really say what rule he was whitelisting, but it was mod_security - he just gave a number of like 6 digits and said that's all it was giving him. So no details, but he did find it was hitting some rule in the server logs and was able to reproduce it as I was - maybe that will help someone else later.
fyi..this is because mybb decided to use in the 1.4x branch a / in the urls as a seperator. mod_security rules flag the input from the url hence it's why forms won't work properly. It's only the admincp.

I am hoping MyBB fixes this for 1.6x but imho they may wait till 2.0. Shame too since mod_security is not only popular but a good module to run for added security. I would love to be able to run mod_security on my server but I can't.