MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked, Matrix is you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help!!

www.tigercollectors.com/messageboard/

All of my messages say "the matrix has you".

Is there any way to fix this or stop it from happening.

Thanks
You need to update your forums. They are using the old version of MyBB.
I'm not sure if your forum data is intact or not. I hope you have a backup otherwise your posts/users have gone I'm afraid. You should download MyBB 1.0 from the main page and reinstall your forums.
But check to see if the data is there in the first place before you try to reinstall your forums.
Reinstalling the software now, any ideas? anyone seen this before?
decswxaqz Wrote:You need to update your forums. They are using the old version of MyBB.
I'm not sure if your forum data is intact or not. I hope you have a backup otherwise your posts/users have gone I'm afraid. You should download MyBB 1.0 from the main page and reinstall your forums.
But check to see if the data is there in the first place before you try to reinstall your forums.

Ok, I'll upgrade now. Thanks
Ya you got big problems. Upgade ASAP!
Probably someone who used one of the old secuirty holes to SQL inject your forums. This is why your forum should be upgraded when they are new versions Wink

And you should always have a backup. Check the "User submitted tutorials" forum on this site for how to do it.
Also, any good web host should be able to provide you with Mysql backups on request. Contact them for more information (if you use a web-host, of course).
always backup your board, like at least once each month.
and umm i dont know!! u still using rc4, but is the displayed one is the original or u have installed it again. if yes, then u should again assing the data base to ur new site, coz i'm sure it's still untouched.

were u using ur admin cp in a public place?
or someone has by mistake or not, an acccess to the admin cp ?

regards

Also, just want to add this..

A good way to tell when there are new versions released and you need to upgrade, is by subscribing to the MyBB Mailing List.

http://www.mybboard.com/mailinglist.php
Thanks for all the help. Yes they were backed up. My ISP will be restoring it by tomorrow. I did reinstall the older version just to get the interface up.

I am also going to upgrade and get on the mailing list.