MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Are you successfully using the MyBB promotion system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am curious about how many admins are effectively using the promotion system of MyBB.

I tried it, it was buggy and I removed it.

What's your experience?
I use it on all of my forums. The default "Registered" usergroup is has limited abilities (no PMs, e-mailing members, avatars, signatures, etc...) but I have it set to promote the user to a "Full Member" usergroup with access to everything after X posts (2-10 depending on the forum) and after the account is at least 24 hours old. Haven't had any complaints nor have I ever had to manually change a usergroup for a member. Smile
Ya, it works great as long as you do it before you have members. I use it for basically the same thing Joe does.
When I tried it members weren't being upgraded and I was getting a lot of complaints. This was around 1.4.2 so I am not sure if it's been improved through bug fixes or whatnot.
well I don't really use it.
(2009-08-07, 07:17 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, it works great as long as you do it before you have members.

it's hard for me to refer to that as "working great" at all ... this will probably prevent me from utilizing it
I don't know what he means by that. I've implimented promotions and usergroups after already having members and it still worked correctly. In those instances I manually run the promotion scheduled job in the Admin CP though.
what is that exactly. never heard of
The only problem I noticed was that the 3 options in the Promotion Requirements box weren't in the same order when you set the limits, but once that was fixed, seemed to work OK... the last active thing didn't apply to me.
It works fine for me, I did set it up when setting up my forum and it does it's job.
Pages: 1 2 3