MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see past warnings after user gets banned (1.4.8)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've set the ban system to auto ban any member that reaches 30 points.
Member X receives 3 warnings, 10 points worth each and gets banned.

After this,I cannot see the warn level on the postbit of the member's posts, not even if I check his profile.

To get around this, I had to make the Banned group 'able to receive warnings' just for the warn % (and sequentially the warnings) to be viewable.

Since I did find a workaround, I guess the suggestion would be making the banned usergroup 'able to receive warnings' by default (another solution would be more complex i guess)
Well, if they're banned, doesn't really matter if their warnings don't show, does it?? You know they're reached the level that warrants a ban. If it's a perma ban, won't matter, and if it's temp, when they go back to the registered group, it'd be back.
Well it does since in a lot of cases I want to review the warnings the user has received (made by other moderators) and the posts those were in. Also I might want to revoke some of the warnings which is not doable unless you do the workaround I noted in my opening post

Edit: In addition (and this looks like a bug), if the Banned group is not set to receive warnings, going on the Mod CP and clicking 'View' under Details on a warning of a member who has been banned, you get a 'You do not have permission to warn users of this group.' instead of being able to view the warning's details.
This again is fixed by checking can receive warnings on the Banned group
Anyone at least comment on the second (more serious) issue about not being able to view the details of warnings of banned members?
Thanks
Have you ever heard of the ModCP? It's very useful. Toungue
Did you even read my post?

Quote:In addition (and this looks like a bug), if the Banned group is not set to receive warnings, going on the Mod CP and clicking 'View' under Details on a warning of a member who has been banned, you get a 'You do not have permission to warn users of this group.' instead of being able to view the warning's details.