MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I make a certain forum on my board private so only the members who have applied to be a part of it, and have been accepted available? Any help would be great, thanks!
You'd have to create a new usergroup, set the permissions of that forum so only admins, mods, and that new group can see it, and then add that usergroup as an additional usergroup to people who are allowed to see it.
Ok- awesome, thanks!
how do i make it where they hvae to apply for it and where do I check to see who has applied?
In the usergroup settings tick two boxes; "Yes, users can freely join and leave this group" and "Yes, all new join requests need to be moderated first".

You will also need to set a group leader who accepts the requests. You can do this by going to
ACP --> Users and Groups --> Groups (Sidebar) --> Dropdown beside group --> Group leaders

Type in a username of the wanted group leader.
Also make sure that "Can manage group members?" and "Can manage group join requests?" are both set to yes.