MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE hates FireFox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-08-07, 06:52 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]73MB of memory usage from FireFox 3.5 on my PC. Perhaps FireFox was just drawing too many resources.

Wow, only 73MB, you should feel lucky. I have seen Firefox using 1.3GB on my machine after I had it open all day.

(2009-08-07, 09:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]IE takes so long to do anything on any computer I use it on.

Yeah, whenever I use it I press Ctrl + T to open a tab and then start typing, before realising that I am not using Firefox and am in-fact not typing into an address bar yet because I am still waiting for the new tab to grace me with it's presence.
a question, who would even use IE to start with?
(2009-08-07, 11:00 PM)MrD. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-07, 09:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]IE takes so long to do anything on any computer I use it on.

Yeah, whenever I use it I press Ctrl + T to open a tab and then start typing, before realising that I am not using Firefox and am in-fact not typing into an address bar yet because I am still waiting for the new tab to grace me with it's presence.

Mmm, I can't see why it takes so long to just open a tab, it can't really be a big process. In any other browser, I press the new tab button in the tab bar, Ctrl + T or middle click a URL and it's there instantly, IE seems to be half asleep.

(2009-08-07, 11:03 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]a question, who would even use IE to start with?

For testing or if there's nothing else available on the computer I'm using, like at my college, after they uninstalled Firefox.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me - you could download and install any software you wanted to use Toungue

Now though, the technitians disabled running of '.exe' files that aren't in a specified list. No more firefox. Sad

Plus the computers at school suck so it takes about 2 minutes to open IE8 and another 30 seconds to open a tab... Sad
Pages: 1 2