MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bugs piling up...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it's the summer but I see only 20 bugs fixed and 3 pages of bugs in the queue. Some of us are anxious to see them fixed or addressed.

Any time frames for when staff might bust out some of theses reports and catch up? Are we short on staff right now?
We're busy. 1.6, 2.0, merge system, jobs, school, life. Don't complain
Well i won't complain, you guys do this out of your own will so i guess i really can't/
It sucks, but for now, I am going to just go through the bugs forum and fix it all manually Smile
(2009-08-07, 07:02 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]We're busy. 1.6, 2.0, merge system, jobs, school, life. Don't complain

This is going to suck if MyBB stops fixing 1.4x bugs in favor of new development. Yes I know it's a complaint that you don't want to hear but to be fair...we are all running 1.4x not 1.6x. Existing bugs should have a higher priority than 2.0 right now. That's my view.
(2009-08-07, 07:46 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is going to suck if MyBB stops fixing 1.4x bugs in favor of new development. Yes I know it's a complaint that you don't want to hear but to be fair...we are all running 1.4x not 1.6x. Existing bugs should have a higher priority than 2.0 right now.

I'm thinking that same way too. Why is 1.6 so important? Yes, we want it, but for all you know, you could be duplicating the same bugs from 1.4 into 1.6, then having to remedy them again. This is very inefficient if you ask me. 1.6 isn't a total rewrite am I correct? So wouldn't it make more sense to perfect 1.4 as much as possible, then move on to upgrading the core to 1.6?
(2009-08-07, 07:53 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]So wouldn't it make more sense to perfect 1.4 as much as possible, then move on to upgrading the core to 1.6?

Isn't that what they are doing? If 1.6 brings new features, you must keep in mind that new features can't be developed, tested, improved, etc. over night. This kind of work takes weeks if not months for each new feature. During this time, people report new bugs for MyBB 1.4, hence work on 1.6 and bugfix releases for 1.4 run in parallel.

If you want to wait until MyBB 1.4 has no more bugs before you even start developing new features, there will never be a 1.6 in the first place, since you'll never get rid of all bugs in MyBB 1.4.
(2009-08-07, 08:27 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-07, 07:53 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]So wouldn't it make more sense to perfect 1.4 as much as possible, then move on to upgrading the core to 1.6?

Isn't that what they are doing? If 1.6 brings new features, you must keep in mind that new features can't be developed, tested, improved, etc. over night. This kind of work takes weeks if not months for each new feature. During this time, people report new bugs for MyBB 1.4, hence work on 1.6 and bugfix releases for 1.4 run in parallel.

If you want to wait until MyBB 1.4 has no more bugs before you even start developing new features, there will never be a 1.6 in the first place, since you'll never get rid of all bugs in MyBB 1.4.
But we aren't talking about a few bugs, we're talking about 3 pages of bugs.
Seemingly, no. It seems that bugs for the current version aren't being fixed but they're being corrected on versions which no one has access to. I'm not saying stop 1.6 production. The thing is, as labrocca stated, we don't have 1.6, we can't use it.

I want bug fixes for 1.4 right now, not bug fixes for 1.6 [right now], is what I'm trying to say.
Quote:During this time, people report new bugs for MyBB 1.4, hence work on 1.6 and bugfix releases for 1.4 run in parallel.

Run parallel is the key. If 1.4x bug fixing stops then imho that's an issue. I don't think demanding time on 1.4x bugs is what's going on here but I would like to see more of the bugs addressed. As they pile up one has to wonder if 1.4.9 is even going to be released. To me that's an indicator that 1.6x is close to release.

I know mybb won't release time frames but for admins and developers it's key to have a sense of what's coming. Should we start fixing our own bugs knowing that 1.4x fixing has stopped? Or do we wait months with nothing? 1.4.8 was released with over 100 bug fixes. I would like to see at least one more solid 1.4x maintenance release but that can't happen with 3 pages of reported bugs.
Pages: 1 2