MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone use Contenture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if anyone uses Contenture, it's a micropayment system that launched in May. To get back to my point, I've been trying it out on one of my service sites with pretty good results. Hence, I was wondering if anyone else uses it and what the outcome is.

Best Regards.
Never heard of it but it looks very interesting.
Looks interesting, but I'd rather do it myself than depend on Contenture.
Not a single post about it at DP. Odd.
(2009-08-07, 11:45 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Looks interesting, but I'd rather do it myself than depend on Contenture.

This is out as a replacement. Users add money to their account and visit their favorite sites, if the sites they visit support Contenture, whatever incentives are automatically provided and you're paid based on the amount they added to their account split between the other sites they visited that month. So, in essence, it's different then getting paid from Adsense or whatnot. Interesting concept nonetheless.

(2009-08-07, 11:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Not a single post about it at DP. Odd.

It is a new company that launched in May, so I'm sure it'll get there sometime.
The only problem I see is people who don't want to or can't spend money online as it is Toungue. Although it's an interesting idea. Although wouldn't a donate button in theory be just as effective?
(2009-08-08, 12:15 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem I see is people who don't want to or can't spend money online as it is Toungue. Although it's an interesting idea. Although wouldn't a donate button in theory be just as effective?

Not quite. Most donations made to sites are given without any premium compensations. Hence, Contenture provides this ability, they give you a "donation" and get something in return. I usually don't get donations so this Contenture idea is working well for me.
Micropayments have an interesting history, and many well-funded companies have failed. Maybe this one will do better?
Paypal has something similar to micropayments, but you need to charge ~$1.00 to get a good deal on the fees. An ideal system will allow you to charge 20 million (or more) people 10 cents each.

How much are the fees for Contenture?
They take a 20% cut, which isn't too bad.
"With Contenture, you make money for every visit to your site from a Contenture user."
Pages: 1 2