MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any way to log ip addresses for guests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way/plugin to log the ip addresses when a guest visits the forums?

im having an issue where a ban by ip address is appropriate, but im not sure of the ip address! i do know the city etc., so once i get a log it will be easy to sort it out.

thanks,

mark
If you're an admin you can see guests IP addresses on the Who's Online. IP addresses are only logged if a user registers or posts (guests can post if permissions are set right too).
(2009-08-08, 07:58 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're an admin you can see guests IP addresses on the Who's Online. IP addresses are only logged if a user registers or posts (guests can post if permissions are set right too).

thanks for the response; thats what i thought. (im the admin, but the guests log on at all hours)

any method to make it so the ip addresses are logged even if they dont register or post? just log all the guest ip addresses?
Not that I know of no. Would you like me to move this to plugin requests?
(2009-08-08, 04:43 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I know of no. Would you like me to move this to plugin requests?

yes that would be great!!

thanks,

mark
If they post you can. Isn't that enough?
I can do a plugin for it if you want.
i was having an issue with a disruptive guest (he wasnt posting so that route didnt work, just copying/monitoring/causing trouble etc.), so was looking to monitor the ip addresses to do a traceip later. So this plugin would be very helpful.

In the meantime, i found out who it was, traced his ip trough another independent route, and banned him; problem solved!

thanks for the offer; it isnt necessary now.
Okay.