MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chrome 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just downloaded a beta release of google chrome and I am pretty sure there hasn't already been a thread on Chrome 3 so I thought I would share my thoughts so far.

Firstly it is noticeably faster, I would say the fastest browser I have (FF, IE, Opera).

Secondly, the theme system is very nice but currently most of the themes are a little to distracting for my liking.

Finally, you can choose for a site not to appear in your most visited panel which is handy Toungue

Thats just what I have discovered so far but I am about to start playing with addons so we will see how that goes.

Also, I just noticed it lets you resize text boxes, so I can for instance make this new thread box really big!
Google is insane. I swear they will buy the moon and turn it into something amazing...
You will need to run this before you can use addons in Chrome 3 (well the beta one at least)
"C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-extensions

I just installed the adblock plugin and so far it is working great.
Did they make Chrome Linux beta yet?
(2009-08-08, 03:44 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Did they make Chrome Linux beta yet?

I am not sure, but i think i may have seen one while browsing, do a Google search. The spell check works well to.

Enable spell check with:
"C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --auto-spell-correc
Sad

Google Chrome for Linux

Google Chrome for Linux is in development* and a team of engineers is working hard to bring it to you as soon as possible.

Please enter your email address below and we'll let you know when it's released.
Same for Mac. Come on Google Sad
Acutally, there is chromium for linux and Mac, but its a test/developer shell, and you have to compile it. If memory serves me right....And that can be a big if....
Yeah, but it's not quite the same thing.
(2009-08-08, 03:27 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I just noticed it lets you resize text boxes, so I can for instance make this new thread box really big!
That's been a part of Chrome since one of the first times I ran Chrome. Smile

Great browser but I am not moving from Firefox just yet.

They did what they needed to do with Chrome which was push other browsers to think outside of the box.

Firefox = Main browser
Chrome = Secondary
IE = Never run unless I have to
Safari = Installed itself with my iPhone 3.0 firmware upgrade. heh. Looked at it then, never again.
Pages: 1 2