MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Display posts using the classic layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys, I am using version 1.4.8

I am using Admin CP to revert back to the classic layout for displaying posts. However, no matter what setting I choose, it shows it the new horizontal style. Please help. I googled for help, but the thread relating to the problem was in archive regarding mybb 1.4.1. Please help. Thank you.
In your user CP under Edit options, do you see "Display posts in classic mode" with a checkbox beside it. Check it or uncheck it. Hope that helps!
Yes, that did help, but I want it to be the default setting for all user who come to the forum. Big Grin
Configuration -> Show Thread Options -> Display posts using the classic layout
thanks for the quick reply josh.
just a quick question, if we do not want to force a specific style on users, but just want to set the default setting to 'classic', then should we only run this script?

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = '1' WHERE classicpostbit = '0'
That will force the mod on users. If you want it default then there is a setting in the ACP. (Configuration -> Show Thread Options -> Display posts using the classic layout)

You can also use this http://mods.mybboard.net/view/default-profile
(2009-08-08, 06:06 AM)devcynic Wrote: [ -> ]just a quick question, if we do not want to force a specific style on users, but just want to set the default setting to 'classic', then should we only run this script?

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = '1' WHERE classicpostbit = '0'

No, that query is what forces it on users, the ACP setting is what the default will be.
The ACP setting wasn't working - it would remain horizontal no matter what setting I chose. Though, running that query have fixed the problem. Thank you.
Yes, that's how it works, the ACP setting is for guests and new users, it has no effect whatsoever on currently registered users.
Pages: 1 2