MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding another Admin Via Cpannel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi sorry if there is a thread about this but I did search I have recently brought a forum that uses MyBB and I am just wondering if it is possible to add a new admin Via C panel and if so how you would go about doing this. Any information appreciated.
Thanks Sam
You can do it through PHPMyAdmin (part of cPanel) yes. It is easier if the user exists though then you just need to change the groupid to 4.
Thanks but where do I go to make it sorry im not familiar with forums only with normal websites.
(2009-08-08, 09:42 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it through PHPMyAdmin (part of cPanel) yes. It is easier if the user exists though then you just need to change the groupid to 4.
By 'C panel' do you mean the MyBB Admin CP?? A lot of people refer to that as the cpanel and it gets very confusing...
Admin CP > Users & Groups > Browse Users > Edit User (The user you want to be admin) > Change his/her primary usergroup to "Administrator".

Admin CP is completely unrelated to the cPanel
this is done through MyBB Admin CPanel
thanx Raven
hope this pic gives u more clear idea
[Image: nohxjl.jpg]
Oh ok thanks a lot guys I heard it could be done via the cpanel from the server oh well I will just get the guy who I brought the forum off to make me an admin thanks for everyone's help.
Yeah you can also set an user to admin, by running a query, if I'm not wrong. But looks like you've solved your question.
Well it can be, you can just change your usergroup to 4 in the users table.

You never actually said that you weren't an admin yourself though, may have been helpful to have included that bit of information, so we wouldn't have said to go into the ACP.... Rolleyes