MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yargh!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I've got bit of a sticky situation here.

Basically, I need to move my MyBB directory from one place to another i.e. from dreamnova.com/community to community.dreamnova.com.

Thing is, the /community version is preview release 2 and I want to upgrade to Mybb 1.0. What should I do?

Cheers.
Move it over and then upgrade. There shouldn't be a problem. What you will might need to do is go to Settings->General Configuration and change the cookie domain if you had set it to something other than the default, otherwise it should work fine.
as u staying on the same server, same data base, sure decswxaqz is right, but in case u would like to move to another host, u will have to import you exsisting database after exporting then upload all mybbfiles, then edit the config.php manually !! with ur new details, just like the upgrade procedures.

regards
Yeah same host.

I did the move and then upgrade procedure, but now I seem to get this everywhere and nothing actually "works".
Change the permissions on inc/settings.php making it writable again (CHMOD them either 777 or something else writable on your server).

Once that is fine, that error should be gone.

Chris
Ahhh fantastic didn't pick that up.

Thanks again guys and congratulations, you guys are just the best and I seriously believe that guys deserve every single bit of recommendation that you get. Smile

Cheers and merry christmas!
New problem, when I login, it takes me back to the home page and everything successfully but when I arrive back at the home page I haven't actually been logged in at all. No error messages or anything.

Any help again greatly appreciated. Smile
Login to your Admin CP and make sure your cookie settings are set right (they are in Settings --> General Configuration)

Cookie Domain: .community.dreamnova.com
Cookie Path: /
Thanks again buddy!

Merry Christmas!