MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few Questions, Please help :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Would you please support me for these cases and questions.

===(1) =============================================
I created new user group "Added User"; Admin can add users to this group manually and use a same email address to all group users. How to disable Thread Subscription, and any email recipient?

Someone said it is impossible now.
The only way is to edit "newthread.php" and add if condition for the group number.

Hope to do something for this case.

===(2)=============================================

I want to let none registered users "Visitors" privileges write topics or write replies.
But I want these posts to be moderated. Current Mybb applies pre-post moderation option only on forums not on user groups. Why??? How to make a cretin group moderated?

===(3)=============================================

Where can I control Mybb RSS feeds, like number of topics, how many lines to show of thread. Or should I try to edit "syndication.php" ??

===(4)=============================================

Is there another editor instead on this, I like simple editor but it sometimes be sluggish with large text and there is no undo option.

===(5)=============================================

How not display User group in Member List?
The only option is "show this group on the 'forum team' page"
There is an option for a user group "Can view member list?"

But I want to enable view member list but not to display a user group in that list or by user request. Is there hidden option?

===(6)=============================================

How to set the default values in ucp?
Like: Remember my login details for future visits (False instead of true),
Hide email address from other members (True instead of False)

Can I do this in ACP or from phpmyadmin?

===(7) =============================================

Can I give a user HTML write permissions in forum topics?
I think no, I found it is passed on forum privileges not user privileges right. ???

Instead of that is it possible adding HTML permission for a topic,
Current HTML option can be given to forums, ads.
Sorry please ignore Q1, Forum Support said it is impossible now and moved to sugestions.
2) User groups as a moderator for a forum is a confirmed feature for 1.6

3) You can already limit the number of threads but you would have to edit the actual php file to limit how many lines to show of that thread

4) No there are two types of editors; Office 2003 and Default (which can be changed in the theme settings)

5) You can use this http://mybbsource.com/thread-1373.html to hide certain users and groups from the memberlist. It is configurable via the ACP.

6) You can use this http://mods.mybboard.net/view/registrati...figuration for setting options when registering by default. For users currently registered you would have to run a SQL query through PHPMyAdmin.

7) http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=1678 - HTML permissions by uid and group.
Thanks, that was helpful, waiting v1.6. Hope Mybb be the best forum.