MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to be notified whenever someone posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way I can be notified by e-mail whenever someone posts ANYWHERE on the forum?

In my forum www.KnowledgeResearchForum.com, I subscribed to EVERY forum and sub-forum. Then I posted in a forum to see if I'd get a notification, and I didn't.

I don't want to have to moderate new posts. I just want to get an e-mail every time someone posts anywhere on the forum.

Thanks,
Mark

-
Well, if you post, you wont get a notification! :p. Only option I guess is subscribe to all. You only get a email when someone other then you post in the section. Someone can make you a plugin I guess. I also think this should go in the section Plugin - Requests... unless I'm wrong.
Hi Skate,

You were right. When I posted using my personal acct instead of my admin acct, it sent the notification to my admin e-mail (the one I used to subscribe to all the forums).

I'd wondered about what this possibility, but I didn't think there'd be a filter that would automatically NOT notify you if you were the one doing the posting. But it makes sense...

Thanks,
Mark

-
You can subscribe to each forum to get emails of new threads in that forum, but you can't get notifications of posts in threads unless you manually subscribe to each one.