MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I made a backup of the forum (structure & data) and then reinstalled a fresh forum script on my server. I then put the backup back on mysql and got all the posts back etc

It also had some of the plugins in the settings menu that i previously put on ?

I thought if the plugin wasnt on my server (which it wasnt as i installed a fresh forum script) then it wouldnt be on there?

Also am i right in thinking that if i just do a backup as data and not structure & data then this wouldnt happen?
No, because if the plugin settings are in your backup, they're in the settings table, so they'll be there when you import the backup...
So if i do a full backup of structure & data and highlight everything apart from settings and settinggroup that should backup everything without the plugins shouldnt it?
Hi,
I would not recommend to do it in this way. You should disable all plugin before you make the backup of database. Because some plugins (could) modify a lot of database structure (not only settings-table).
Thats the thing. They dont show in the plugin part of admin panel but if i go to configuration i can still configure the plugins (although some dont work)
Yes, as I said, the settings from the plugin, that the plugin inserted into the database, are in your backup, hence them showing up...
So whats the way to get them out of the next backup i do?
As querschlaeger said, deactivate the plugins first. You can remove them now by clicking Modify Settings on the configuration page.