MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP is blank in many spots/missing sections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did try searching, but I didn't find anything relevant.

On a clean installation of MyBB on localhost, with proper permissions, the admin control panel is missing a lot of things. Other than that, the board looks and works fine. It's MyBB version 1.4.8.

The screenshot explains it best. Adblock Plus is installed but disabled, as shown by the gray button. I've tried clearing my browser's cache.
Please reupload the ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder. It just seems as though you're missing the language files. Smile
Well, they weren't missing, but you did solve the issue for me.
documentation Wrote:3. CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)
I did originally choose to chmod the language files to 666. Once you mentioned those files, I set them to 755. They display. Just to confirm that they were 666 before, I set them back to 666, and they no longer displayed.Confused They aren't supposed to require execute permission, are they?
CHMOD them to 777. That documentation is out of date.

Thanks,
- Aaron
It's not out of date, and 777 is unnecessary, no files need to be 777. 666 should work fine, if it doesn't, it's to do with the host. 666 is so you can edit the contents via the ACP, if you don't think you'd need that, you can keep them at the default 644. People have had stuff added to their language files when they're been 777, there's no need for it.