MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OOPS! deleted database need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help to bring my datadase back into compliance with MyBB 1.4.8

My most recent db back-up was dated April 22 2009, which I have restored, But I'm not sure what version of MyBB was installed at the time though it would have been what-ever version was available on or before that date.

The dilema is that some DB items don't seem to be synced-up with the latest version of MyBB that's currently installed.

Is there an "easy" way to get my DB back into compliance with the latest MyBB version without breaking something (again)?

BTW, I will not make that mistake again. I'll be making back-ups at least once a week after I've got it fixed.
You can run the install / upgrade.php to upgrade it. MyBB 1.4.5 was released on 19th April 09 according to http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versions - so depending on how regularly you update you may have been running MyBB 1.4.4 or MyBB 1.4.5.

Make a backup first. Wink
It was probably a back-up just prior to upgrading from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 then.

I WILL make a back-up both before AND after!! Wink

I also won't skip that step in the future. Blush
It would've saved me (and my former members) much pain had I'd done that the last time I upgraded. AARRHHGG! Rolleyes

Should be a "painless" re-sync then. Thanks, much appreciated. Smile