MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mod_rewrite is on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo,

So I turned my mod_rewrite and restarted Apache2... So now how do I change my forums URL format to the /name-date-xxx/ format instead of thread.php?id=xxxx

???
Well I did enable mod_rewrite, but it still says Page Cannot Be found.
Then you haven't followed all the steps properly. Are there any errors on the plugins page where the Google SEO plugin is listed?? There should be 5 green ticks.
(2009-08-12, 08:54 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There should be 5 green ticks.
Only if he enabled all the features. Otherwise there will be only green ticks for the ones enabled AND working. If it's enabled and doesn't have a green tick, something's wrong.
Now.. uhh.. have you read the readme file? There's plenty of info there.
(2009-08-12, 03:26 AM)Prudens Wrote: [ -> ]Well I did enable mod_rewrite, but it still says Page Cannot Be found.

You also have to add Rewrite rules to your .htaccess. Page Not Found means the link is made, but not rewritten properly, either because there is no matching rewrite rule, something else missing in your .htaccess, or because mod_rewrite is not active after all.
hmm my php_info says mod_rewrite is active, but I didn't have any .htaccess thing... is it necessary?
Read the documentation. Also, on the plugins page there should be what you need to do to make everything working. If something's missing in .htaccess it will tell you what you need to add.
(2009-08-12, 01:44 PM)Prudens Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't have any .htaccess thing... is it necessary?

That's probably the most important bit. Rename the default MyBB htaccess.txt file to .htaccess, and add the rewrite rules. I can't see how so many people don't read the instructions for this plugin.