MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing my website database (Help plz)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello sir

I am shifting my host...I have backup my forum database which is .sql file

I have also backup my cpanel all files...Pls tell me how to import all my files to new host and importing database and mybb...

I get error while installing mybb.

Here is the screenshot.

[Image: 3539jq9.png]
Looks like you forgot your password, also if your using a free host, it shouldn't be local host, that's usually for paid hosts.
We have no way of telling you what your database details are, you'll need to ask your host what they are if you don't know.

Once you've created a database, upload all your files that you're copying across, and then install. Then, go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, select all the tables, drop them, then click the Import tab and browse for your .sql file. Click Go, let it load, and it will import.
no i didnt forgot my pass...Its right...
Having a database with no password is incredibly insecure.
U mean first i have to install mybb or just i can copy the cpanel files from old host to new host...
sir i have a database pass..I am putting it right...But i am not able to connect...look in the screenshot..
Upload the files, install, and then import the database in phpMyAdmin.
Whenever you backed up your DB, take that an upload the backup into Phpmyadmin on your new host. Then take the info from your new DB and enter it in. Also you should not have to run the installation script if you are using the same DB.