MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums Disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I have a problem I need to work out. I have an entertainment board with two sub-forums (Music and Movies) and recently I decided that I didn't like them as sub-forums. This is how my forums look right now.

General Discussion
- Community Board
- Entertainment
-- Music
-- Movies
- Automotive Zone

I want it to look like...

General Discussion
- Community Board
- Music
- Movies
- Automotive Zone

So I decided to make the movies and music child forums of General Discussion. I managed to do that without a problem. But as soon as I delete the Entertainment board the music and movie boards disappear. Any idea why this is happening? I've tried everything... DB Maintenance, Cache Manager, Recount Stats ect..
This was an identified problem for PR2, and it was supposed to be fixed for 1.0, but I think that it still hasn't been fixed.

Could you tell me what version of MyBB you're using?

To prevent future incidents like this, you can use the script I am attaching below (put it in your MyBB root folder). Run it after whenever you move your forums around to ensure that the parentlists are correctly updated.

I hope and anticipate that this bug should be fully fixed for the next version.
Alright, that script helped me fix the problem. I plan to upgrade as I'm using 1.00 Preview Release 2 right now, but I just want to be sure that its not going to effect my forums. Smile Thanks for the help!