MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making things invisible/visible when logged in/out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a recent myBB convert (as of last night) and I must say this is one of the best open-source forum softwares I have ever come across. I was with phpBB previously but changed to myBB because the former was causing me much grief.

Anyway, i am in the midst of customizing my board, and have hit a snag. How do I make things invisible/visible when logged in/out? To give a clearer picture of things, like this?

That becomes a tad difficult since the template system in MyBB doesn't support conditionals.

You will have to edit the PHP code (the file depends on where you are putting the text).

If you say what kind of text you want to put in each case, and where you want to put it, I can help you further.
Ohh...

Nothing much, really. I thought it'd be nifty to have a Register link (for logged out/ guests), Profile (for logged in) in the header and a seperate table for Private Message (for logged in) in the index page, nearby the footer. On second thought...hmm...maybe I can edit the correponding header_welcomeblocks...that easier?

Btw, are there any mods that hides schemes based on usergroups/ permission, something like Styles for Premium Users and Admin Templates? I can't seem to find any - need this to test schemes before releasing them to users.
Shalimar Wrote:Ohh...

Nothing much, really. I thought it'd be nifty to have a Register link (for logged out/ guests), Profile (for logged in) in the header and a seperate table for Private Message (for logged in) in the index page, nearby the footer. On second thought...hmm...maybe I can edit the correponding header_welcomeblocks...that easier?

Yeah for the welcome panel you can use the header_welcomeblock_guest, member, admin templates as that would be easier. At the bottom of the forum list on the index, there is already a Private Messaging info bar.
Quote:Yeah for the welcome panel you can use the header_welcomeblock_guest, member, admin templates as that would be easier.
Will do this, thank you.

Quote:At the bottom of the forum list on the index, there is already a Private Messaging info bar.
Umm...I don't see this, at least not with version 1.00.

Shalimar Wrote:
Quote:At the bottom of the forum list on the index, there is already a Private Messaging info bar.
Umm...I don't see this, at least not with version 1.00.

Hmm sorry, it must have disappeared on me since the new version Shy