MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My mistake the mail log is for SMTP. Hmm could we perhaps have a URL so we can test it out?
My site's forum is here:

http://www.sammes.co.uk
I have tried subscribing to a thread (Instant email) and I then replied to a thread. I haven't yet receieved an email from that notifying me of a new reply.

Does the send thread to a friend feature work?
I cannot test that as you have prevented Registered users from sending emails.
OK, just out of interest, how did I do that? I can't remember disabling that feature and am darned if I can remember how to do so...
To reenable access:
AdminCP --> Users & Groups --> Edit Group --> Miscellaneous --> Tick "Can send threads to friends and email users?"
OK thank you - re-enabled...
Yeah I have tested this and it works fine.

So it appears that only email verification doesn't work. If you have a user in the awaiting activation group does the email send if you click the resend button? (available in the UserCP)
I altered the settings to send authorisation via email on registration and this functioned absolutely correctly enabling all authorisation stuff OK But it didn't send the "new user registration" email through to administrator that a new user has been added again. As you say - hmm.

(I have reset the login back to "Instant activation" again)
Hey - any chance of any more ideas as this still isn't functioning and isn't emailing me on registration....? Thank you
Have you got any plugins that are active at the moment? If all the other emails work, then I'm unsure as to why registration specifically would fail...

Have you also tried a fresh 1.4.8 install in a test directory of your server? That way, we'll know whether it's your host or MyBB...
Active plugins are:

Add Spiders 0.1
Adstats 2.1
Birthday Mailer 2.0
Shadow BBcode 1.0.2
Easy Affiliates 1.5
Glowing BBcode 1.0.2
Lightbox 2 1.2
Online Today 1.0
Overview 3.2.1
Shoutbox 2.2-RC
Usergroup Legend 2.0

Haven't tried an alternative "test" forum of 1.4.8 - is that easy enough to setup? Do I link it to the same database or create a new?
Pages: 1 2 3