MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing thread rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think users should have the ability to change their rating of a thread. So basically they click their new rating and it updates the rating in the DB and recalculates the rating. I'm not really sure why it doesn't do this already.
I think thread ratings should be removed. Toungue

What are people meant to rate, the first post of the thread, another person's post, the entire thread?

Who really cares what the thread rating is? Does it have any impact of whether or not you will view the thread?

Just curious.
No I don't really see a whole lot of use in them either but I can see in some situations such as in a tutorial section that they would be of use. Here though I think they just get abused.... Maybe they should be disabled?
The reason we don't change too much around on these forums is so that people get a good impression of exactly how their boards can work just out of the box. Unfortunately we've disabled a few things though, the reputation system comes to mind.
Agree about the reputation system..... It takes a pretty mature community the rep system to work well.
Quoting myself:

Quote:Well, I need to edit a thread rating. Currently I couldn't find a way to do it, and I have full administrator permissions.

Why I need this? I converted one of my subforums to a bug tracker, and using "Sort by Ratings" I can leave the most important issue topmost. Then, I disabled permissions to edit the rating for all other group types, and voila.

But, if by some reason I miss the click, I have to delete the whole thread and do it again!

I didn't know if posting it here or making a suggestion, but maybe this functionality is included in MyBB and I couldn't find it.

Thanks again =).

This is valid use for the rating system =)
(2009-08-12, 08:44 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Agree about the reputation system..... It takes a pretty mature community the rep system to work well.
I don't have a mature community but that's what makes the reputation system useless and funny. Smile

Personally, forgetting I am a part of the MyBB team for a moment, I wonder about the future of the thread rating system.
I'd like to see a easy possibility to enable/disable the rating system as it's not used on the most boards but still useful for some forums.
(2009-08-18, 03:53 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see a easy possibility to enable/disable the rating system as it's not used on the most boards but still useful for some forums.

+1

This would be my suggestion.