MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Regentronique Translator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regentronique Translator

Our first plugin that will allow the translation of forums name, description and content.

Quote:It is now validated and available in the "Mods & Plugins \ Forum Display" section. This plugin is a must for people having bilingual forums, even your users could insert bilingual content in any post title or content.

With our plugin you will be able to insert 2 combined sections in any strings used for your forums name, descriptions, content and many other places like in your profile. The section of those strings that will be displayed will be selected depending on the user selected language.

If the selected language is english, then the first part of the string will be used, any other language selection will use the second part of the string.

The string is easily constructed using a "Prefix" a "Separator" and a "Suffix". All those variables are configurable in your admin settings section.

Example with the default values of :
Prefix = (*[
Separator = |
Suffix = ]*)

If the string, on a english/french forums, is :
(*[This is the portion that would be displayed in english.|Ceci est la portion qui sera affichée en français.]*)

In english it will display :
This is the portion that would be displayed in english.

In french it will display :
Ceci est la portion qui sera affichée en français.

You can download it by clicking here.
Wow! This is awesome... Awesome plugin bro!
(2009-08-12, 08:21 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! This is awesome... Awesome plugin bro!

Thank you for the nice comment! Wink
Hmm, I searched for something like that when I ran my old forums (a year ago).
It comes a bit too late but good work anyway Wink
Thank you for the encouragements.

So Lennart, you do not need translations anymore?

-------------------------------------------------

I would like to know if anyone else would need a plugin that would manage more than english and another language?

It would be feasible to upgrade my plugin for one that would manage any numbers of possible translations for any languages...
I love the idea behind this :p
Might use it sometime Wink
Large multi languages forums like Hackforums.net will love this?
(2009-08-15, 07:47 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the encouragements.

So Lennart, you do not need translations anymore?

No, I found it easier to manage single language forums, I do make two forums with same topic but different languages now.
But if I'll ever go back to a dual language forum I'll use your plugin Smile

Just a quick question or thing to keep in mind: Search engines will always see one language only, right?
Yes, in this version of the plugin, there is only two choices : If the language of the forum is english then the first section of the string is displayed. If it is not english then if the second section contains something it will be displayed or it will revert to display the english portion.

So if your default language is english then it will display only in english and this is what the Search Engines will see.

The plugin V2.0 will come soon with the option of multi languages and even a translation mods analyser...

P.S. The problem with your solution is that, for a bilingual person like me, i will need to browse twice the number of forums to see whats new! Wink