MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook style dock and friends system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I am current working on a friend system that allows users to request friendships with other users. Once the friendship request is accepted the user will be able to see if their friend is online via the facebook style dock. The dock also informs users if they have a new friend request or private message. if the user is a moderator it will notify the moderator of any reported posts.

I have attached some screen shots of what it will look like. When I get near completion I will be looking for members to help me tested it.

Release info:
Finally released and finally it got approved.
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/facebook-dock-and-friends

Please PM me with any bugs. I have been busy so I am not sure I will see a thread if there is a bug report.
Ill test it no problem.
I was getting worried you'd seen something of mine out in the world...

Shy

Just one suggestion, stick with the MyBB style - there's things in those screenshots that look awful; such as the profile "Test Friends" image. At least put in a thead... Wink

Sorry... I know it's in development... Toungue
(2009-08-13, 07:38 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I was getting worried you'd seen something of mine out in the world...

Shy

Just one suggestion, stick with the MyBB style - there's things in those screenshots that look awful; such as the profile "Test Friends" image. At least put in a thead... Wink

Sorry... I know it's in development... Toungue

Are you talking about the background of the friends listing on the profile page?
No, not exactly - but that table, yes. I think the table needs a tborder.

It's just one of my little OCD things when people make a good plugin, and fail to deliver on style. Have a look at the structure of a MyBB table, and just mimic it. Put the "View All Friends" link in a tfoot, and not in the thead (or if in the thead, put it in div tags and float it to the right).

How about putting a spin on it a little? MyNetwork is a little different, but it features pagination for friends. How about something like that?

Yours (at the moment) just looks like it shouldn't belong there.
(2009-08-13, 02:37 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]No, not exactly - but that table, yes. I think the table needs a tborder.

It's just one of my little OCD things when people make a good plugin, and fail to deliver on style. Have a look at the structure of a MyBB table, and just mimic it. Put the "View All Friends" link in a tfoot, and not in the thead (or if in the thead, put it in div tags and float it to the right).
I will make the changes. This is only my second plug in.

How about putting a spin on it a little? MyNetwork is a little different, but it features pagination for friends. How about something like that?
Are you talking about a friends page? That is what the third attachment is.

Yours (at the moment) just looks like it shouldn't belong there.

Comments in bold above.
I know it's your second plugin, and I'm only making the suggestions because it looks good - and lots of people will use it. Smile

I'm talking about the fifth attachment. I'm sure you'll be limiting it to say, 6? people. I'll do a mockup later... Smile
(2009-08-13, 04:03 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's your second plugin, and I'm only making the suggestions because it looks good - and lots of people will use it. Smile

I'm talking about the fifth attachment. I'm sure you'll be limiting it to say, 6? people. I'll do a mockup later... Smile

Yes it will only display 6 of that users friends. If they have more then 6 friends then it just grabs 6 random friends.
I made some changes to the friends list on the profile pages. Take a look Tomm. Is that what you are meaning(first attachment)? The second attachment is a better screen shot of the friends page.
You should save your screen shots in png, it will make the screen shots clearer.
Compatible with buddy list?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13