MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Interested in starting a general chat forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Based on Labrocca's advice, I've decided to take the domain www.Zorums.com and turn it into a general chat forum of sorts (although I know how most people feel about "general chat" sites, I figured I'd give one a shot Smile).

So now I'm looking for a partner to assist me in this project. If you have experience running a MyBB forum and are interested let me know your knowledge/experience, age, and location (feel free to PM or e-mail me).

What I need is somebody who can invest time into helping build the site both content-wise and design-wise. Right now I have no set vision for the site so creativity and self motivation is a must since I have a few other projects on and cannot devote my full attention to the site. Also, because of some previous dealings I have had, I will require a small agreement be accepted before working on the site.

Lastly, I'm not expecting somebody to invest time into a site that isn't their own without some sort of compensation. So for whoever is chosen the best candidate for the job I will provide a free VPS for the length of time you remain an active partner. The specs of the VPS can be worked out with the individual selected. In the interests of both parties this portion will also be in the agreement mentioned above.

So who's interested?
I'm interested in this type of forum, ill send you a pm.
I would also be interested. I have much experience in forums (MyBB, vB, IPB, PHPBB) I've Seen it all. I'm also fairly good with scripting, mods, HTML, etc. Running my own professional website. Link in profile.
the obviously solution would be a forum about power rangers

[Image: megazord.jpg]
umm ok.
Some interesting Power Ranger tidbits:
-Power Rangers: The Movie is freely available on Hulu.com
-Sensurround by They Might Be Giants is both their best song and the best song on the Power Rangers: The Movie soundtrack (IMO).
-Johnny Young Bosch (aka, the 2nd Black Power Range) was also the english voice for Vash the Stampede in the anime Trigun (and his band Eyeshine isn't half bad either, I've seen them twice at a local anime convention that happens once a year and have pictures of him posing with some Power Ranger's toys... "It's morphin' time!").

That being said... they used Zords, not Zorums. Sad
wow i never pegged you for a PR guy! that being said, zorums = forum about zords, clearly!

(i prefer kamen rider)
To be honest I stopped watching it after the 2nd season, I just enjoy TMBG, I noticed the movie while browsing Hulu on my wife's laptop, and Johnny Young Bosch was one of the only interesting panels at the convention. Big Grin But thanks to your reminder and Wikipedia I think I'm learning more about them tonight than I ever wanted to know. Toungue
PM Sent Wink
How about Zoids. I know it's a show(I think) as I watched years ago Toungue. I only brought this up because Brad brought up Power Rangers.

Umm, maybe as it will give me people to talk to while I'm alone at work bored out of my mind.
Pages: 1 2 3