MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Database ER Diagram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm a new member of the MyBB Community,
And here is my problem:

I need to my make ER Diagram of the MyBB database cause i need it for my project's Documentation, that's is based On the MyBB forum of course.

What my problem is that I don't know is how the foreign keys of the tables operate, like which table has a foreign key to some other and what is the relation between the tables is 1:1; 1:m, m:m etc.

What i did is, I tried the mybb forum on a free hosting provider just to check how to instalation procedure is going and how it actually works,(all wen perfect), and after I installed it, i exported an sql file from the myphpadmin panel, so I could create the database on my PC, and export the ER Diagram in a reverse mode from the Database using MySQL Workbench 5.1. The tables were created but the links between the tables are not shown, cause the foreign keys are only listed as indexes and not as foreign keys.

Can somebody help or add a suggestion to my problem?
An ER Diagram of the MyBB database will be of help to other users too.
MyISAM storage doesn't have the concept of foreign keys.
As for an ER diagram, I don't think anyone has bothered to draw one up, but I don't think it should be terribly difficult to figure out what links to what.
Most of the time, names are similar (ie uid = user ID, which is the primary key in the users table, but can link to the uid associated with a post, for example; a post can only have one author), so perhaps you can use that as a guide.
Thanx for the reply,
i didn't know myIsam didn't have the concept of foreign keys, so you saved a great deal of my time and nerves Smile, and thanx for the suggestion too, guess i will have to do a little more thinking.

I used another ER diagram reverse database exporting tool, and it turns out the database has 192 index references between the tables.
So there's plenty of work Smile
The InnoDB engine for MySQL does support foreign key constraints, but doesn't do full-text searching. MyISAM supports full-text searching, but does not support foreign key constraints. It's a trade off.