MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anonymous post option and Registration by Invite only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! I'm very new to MyBB ecosystem. Just installed my first forum with it and loving the way everything's laid out. I tried searching for two plugins that I will mention in this thread. The one's I found were either paid or were incompatible with the latest release.

1. Anonymous post option :
I want to allow members of my community to be able to post anonymously in specific forums. Since I'm implementing it for my college, there will be a place for course evaluation. So, I want members to be able to post their views and vote on issues without any fear. It would be neat if they could get an option like "Post anonymously" which they could select which would suppress their usernames as well as not return the specific post in their profiles as well as when searched.

2. Registration by invite :
This is for another project. The community will essentially be a walled-garden, I wanted to allow my members to send out invites to other people so that they can follow those invitation links and register. Normal registration has to be disabled.

If anybody here could guide me to a place where I could get hold of these plugins or mods I would be grateful. These specific mods are available if I decide to use phpBB but the simplicity of MyBB is what attracts me to it. Thanks a lot.
BUMP?

Can someone please answer this question?

I need both as well, (i'm a MyBB newb, phpBBx is my forum of choice but now i'm switching)

I am sure there are plugins for both, would anyone care to linkylink? Smile
Thank you!!

If I knew of a way to Thank you or REP you; i would Smile