MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Remove BBCode/MyCode in Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I just noticed this in one of my subscribed emails. The post section of the email was this:

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------

luigi987 Wrote: (Today 05:17 PM)
--
[size=large][align=center][color=#FF0000]I have concluded that ... (visit the thread to read more..)
------------------------------------------

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-54748-newpost.html

Since BBCode (or MyCode or whatever) doesn't parse in emails, I think the best thing is to remove them from the inputs.

Now, I don't know if this is a bug or is simply an un-implemented feature. Either way, if it's a bug, fix it, if it's something that hasn't been considered before, it should be an included feature.
BBCode is removed. If the BBCode is malformed there is nothing we can do about it. This isn't a bug with MyBB, since MyBB requires that BBCodes be well formed.
But the BBCode in that email isn't malformed?
It's missing the closing tags..
Are you sure it's closed in the order [x][y][z]Text[/z][/y][/x], as in their closed in the opposite order to being formed?? (I'm guessing that's what's meant by well formed Toungue).

(2009-08-13, 08:42 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's missing the closing tags..

Well the 'I have concluded that' bit will be affected by the MyCode, wouldn't be closed straight away...
Huh? There are no [/size], [/align] & [/color] tags. That is malformed, so it makes sense that they're not removed.
Ah I just checked the post and I noticed that. Alright then.
(2009-08-13, 08:46 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Huh? There are no [/size], [/align] & [/color] tags. That is malformed, so it makes sense that they're not removed.

I see what you mean now, I was referring to the preview, not the actual thread, dunno why Toungue But yeah, they're not closed in the same way they're opened in the thread.
Am still confused @_@

Speaking of which, you closed that thread just before I hit 'Post Reply'. I raaaaaaged!
Anyways, this does make very much sense as someone could use [square] brackets, not intending them as BBcode.
They opened the tags in the order [x][y][z], but they weren't closed as [/z][/y][/x], the closing tags weren't together, I assume that's what's meant by it not being well formed.

And sorry Toungue
Pages: 1 2