MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New install problem - NO DEFAULT LANGUAGE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everybody.

I just went through the installation process for the newest version of MyBB. When the installation wizard said that the installation was completed successfully, it gave me a choice of either going to the new forum or going to my admin panel. No matter what I chose I got an error message telling me that the English language had not been installed! Wha?

In the installation files, in the /inc directory, the /languages directory opens just fine on my own computer. However, once I upload it to my site I can no longer access it no matter what I try, nor can I delete it.

What's going on?! Do I need to pull the whole thing down and reinstall from scratch? Did I miss something in the intallation where I was supposed to specify English as the default language? Is there a bug in the latest version? I don't know what to do.

Although it won't help much, my site is at www.deeppurplehub.com/forum
Make sure ./inc/languages/english.php exists and is CHMOD to 644, that ./inc/languages/english/ exists and is CHMOD to 755, with the files inside being 644 or 666, and that ./inc/languages/english/admin/ exists and is CHMOD to 755, again, with the files inside being 644 or 666.
I deleted everything and decided to start over. When I downloaded the current version of MyBB from the site and unpacked it, I decided to have a look at the /inc/lagunages directory. I had a look at the properties and noticed that it was set to "read only." I unchecked that option, uploaded it to my site, and lo and behold--it opens just fine now, whereas before I couldn't open it or manipulate it in any way.

Weird.

Thanks

Brent