MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatically logged in as Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have cleared all cookies (using CrapCleaner) and still, when I go to do a test post, I am logged in as Admin. This only happens using FF, when I use IE, it works correctly. And yes, I have CCleaner set to clean FF too. I even told FF to "clear recent history" and still, I am logged in already. BTW, this just recently started happening for some reason.
I am not familiar with CrapCleaner. Why not use Clear Private Data in the tools menu of firefox?
Hmm, I have "clear recent history", but no "clear private data" Skywalker. I am using FF version 3.5.2 I thought everyone knew about CCleaner. It's FREE, here is a link: http://www.ccleaner.com/ (its been downloaded over 310 million times) And NO, I promise I do not work for them, its just one of the many free utilities I use.
Clearing your history does not clear your cookies. If you try going to tools>clear private data>pop appears>check cache and cookies>Click Clear Private Data Now. Maybe the ccleaner isn't working with FF.
I dont show Click Clear Private Data Now, but under clear history, it is checked to delete cookies too. I'm off to go download a screen capture tool to show what I am seeing.
Why don't you just do a print screen?
alternatively, use the webdeveloper toolbar plugin, use Cookies -> View Cookies on your site, and click "Delete cookie" on every displayed cookie you don't want. Alternatively you can also temporarily disable all cookies either their or in the Firefox options.

If you're still admin with cookies disabled, then you have somehow changed your forum to give admin rights to guests...
What's your URL??
I'd rather not give the URL out just yet because if guest can post as an Admin, I would have a serious problem on my hands. I have an idea. I am going to visit my forum on my girlfriends computer, in the other room. If it doesn't come up as "Admin" when I do a post at my site on her computer, it HAS to be something on my laptop. Be right back....
You could always PM the url so it isn't out there in the open.
Pages: 1 2