MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plans for the future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the future, when you have MyBB 1.0 final out of the door, are you planning to keep MyBB free with all versions, or do you perhaps have plans to make this a pay-only software?

I'd really like to know because I do not want to pay for MyBB now or in the near future. No offense, this is a great piece of software, but there are other (also free) alternatives around.

Greetz,

Kilroy
Well, hopefully not, cause he get money from companies who want his copyright removed. Why charge more??
Yes, but I don't want MyBB to do the same IPB did Sad
I'm not aware of any plans to make myBB a pay only script. Smile
Good Smile
MyBB will be free. Smile
k776 Wrote:Well, hopefully not, cause he get money from companies who want his copyright removed. Why charge more??

Because copyright removals won't make a $50k/yr paycheck. :p

[Image: popcorn.gif]
Didn't I hear something a long time ago about a possible pay licensing scheme?

Btw SonicBoom, I like your little popcorn smiley. Toungue
TemplatesForAll Wrote:Didn't I hear something a long time ago about a possible pay licensing scheme?
Yeah... a long time ago it was discussed as a possibility but it ended up being decided to leave it free ToungueBig GrinCool
Oh, we will be introducing things such as paid installations, and upgrades, as well as maybe a priority support website for corporate users and paying customers at a later stage but MyBB itself will always be free, and we will have free support too.
Pages: 1 2