MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Command line installer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having trouble getting past the Database Configuration step.

Error:
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation
[/size]

I have verified the user, pass and dbname multiple times, but I think there is a connectivity issue when using web based installer.

I am installing MyBB on linux with mysql DB. I tried all possible hostnames (localhost, localhost.localdomain, 127.0.0.1 and domainIP), different user, pass with all privileges.

Can somebody point me to a command line installer or any place where I can hardcode my DB configuration information?

thanks,
Sid.
You can hardcode it to config.php, that's where it ends up going, but it the installer is saying they're wrong, chances are they still won't work if you put them into config.php...
Did you ever verify with your host that you have the correct information?
I am installing in our own domain. I have other mysql databases on the same box that work just fine. I haven't tried Matt's suggestion to hardcode the db values yet, but I hope once I do that, I won't have to go through that step.
Oh, no, that didn't occur to me, you'd still need to go through all the installer, my mistake. If it's giving an error though, one or more of the settings won't be right... triple check you've got the right details.
what host are you using?
The inc/config.php is empty as of now, I guess thats because the database config verification step never succeeded. I have triple checked and recreated the DB and user numerous times. I ran different mySql DB test scripts using mysql_connect and mysql_select_db which worked just fine.

I have no reason to doubt that the DB or the credentials are incorrect. How to I know what exactly is the error message other than the generic error message?
OK It worked, but I am not sure if/how this is a fix.

I changed the DB TYPE option from mysql to mysql-lite and it continued to created tables (Step4).

Hope that makes sense to the Gurus. If it does, please explain.