MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Navigation Prompts Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just set up my board and navigating it is more than occasionally prompting to download the page. Like for example going back to the index.php well actually prompt the user to download that page instead of actually going to the page. I have no idea why, I've got another forum that's working fine and doesn't do that at all. The only difference is the domain. For this new one I'm using a .co.cc domain. The board can be found at http://www.wizardsworldonline.co.cc/forums

To get this to happen to you, simply go to any of the various categories, forums or single thread that I have on there to date and it will happen.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Seems fine for me, what browser are you using??
Works for me. I click around the site and never get asked to download a file.
(2009-08-14, 10:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Seems fine for me, what browser are you using??

I'm using Firefox (latest). And it doesn't do it every time, but I just tried going to one of the sections and was stuck in a download prompt for over a minute. It just kept prompting. Eventually tried another category, which prompted again, and then clicked the previous one and it worked. I hope it's just me because that will be a whole lot easier to figure out.
I wonder if it could be a server setting issue. Is the site on the same server as your other site?
(2009-08-14, 10:41 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it could be a server setting issue. Is the site on the same server as your other site?

Actually it is and it isn't. I'm using 000webhost.com and I'm using one account. Both domains are on it however, but the IPs are completely different.

Though that made me think of something interesting. When I was setting up my first board I couldn't remember whether I set the host name as localhost or the host name that they told me. I was thinking that I actually used localhost at the time of setting up my second board, but at the last second I changed my mind and went with the host name they told me.

I dunno if that could have something to do with it or not, but I thought I'd bring that up. I guess I should check my first boards settings and see if there's something on there that is different.
That shouldn't have an effect... it is specifically asking to download index.php, forumdisplay.php etc, yeah?? What are those files CHMOD to??
(2009-08-14, 11:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That shouldn't have an effect... it is specifically asking to download index.php, forumdisplay.php etc, yeah?? What are those files CHMOD to??
I'm pretty sure those are default CHMOD 664. I never changed those. I only change the ones that the installation tells me to, to make them writable.
Ok, now something even weirder is happening. I went to Modify settings under Board Settings and didn't do anything there, but I went back to Board Configuration and all my settings were duplicated. So now I have 2 of all board configurations. 2 Board Online/Offline, 2 General Configuaration, etc.

No idea what just happened, but logging out and logging back in does nothing.