MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread reply becomes the thread??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the first time I've seen this happen, so it might have been a glitch or something rather than an actual bug. But here's the scenario:

I posted a thread with a title that had not been previously created. After one of my super mods. replied, THEIR reply became the thread and my original post which was the thread, became a reply. Also, the thread author is now the super mod. as well as indicated by the thread listing page so I'm not sure why this happened as it's not supposed to or at least it has never occurred to me before until now...
A link please?

The only thing I can think of is he made a reply split the topic and merged them again Toungue.

I don't see how this is possible. Does his reply still have the RE: after it became the first post?
LINK.

The first post has the "RE:" in the subject but not in the thread title. Also the times seem to be off as I posted that thread at the time that it says and that guy didn't reply until AFTER, not before.
Hmm, what time did you make your post about? As it says his reply came 2 hours before yours.

I still don't understand how it happened though.

What plugins do you have installed?
Postings in threads are displayed in order of time (based on timestamp for each post stored in the database). So either someone played with the posts timestamp in the database, or someone played with the system clock of your server, so the second post ended up getting a timestamp before the first post. Or a plugin messed with the posts timestamp as it was posted, but I don't know why any plugin would do that.
I have several plugins, however, I've had the same ones for a while and this is the first time it's happened so I doubt it's plugin related..

As for the DB, doubt it but it's possible I guess. However, the system clock thing you mentioned might have been it, I'll ask my host if something went wrong at that time which is possible since they usually do maintenance related things around the time that the "glitch" occurred.