MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional forum deletion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm, bit of a strange one here (the problem, not me!). I installed the "additional forum" as you suggested (with a previous fault I had) and as such, applied all the appropraite permissions to the correct folders. All worked fine, but now I've attempted to delete the database and remove all the additional files, it can't obtain the file permissions under the cache\themes directory where the install procedure has created a further subdirectory called theme1.

I can't remove, alter or add to this new directory at all and the files won't allow permissions to alter permission status through my FTP browser or directly through my web admin. As I say, hmm.

Any ideas how I can blow away this left over created directory?
This is a host issue, I can't remember the specifics of what causes it, but it happened to me once, that folder just didn't want to go, even if it was empty :| You host should be able to remove it.
Right, I've played lots, reuploaded files/databases and got the old temporary database back up and running. Thing is, after installation routine is finished, files appear in the cache/themes directory but under the permission group and username of "apache". It is because of this that I cannot delete them. Now in my limited knowledge, "apache" being the permission username points towards files that have been created by the internal database running behind MyBB - I gueess during the installation routine. This is nothing to do with my ISP and I still can't remove them due to pernmission restrictions on the files as I am not the owner, "apache" is.

Any other ideas?
Oh yeah, that's right, the owner is apache... your host should be able to delete them, mine did.