MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: duplicated Username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new member has registered at "Freedom-Bananas-Community V3.2".
Informations:
User-ID: 44
Username: snAke

this is MY username since i installed the forums, i deleted the user and blacklisted my own nick.

how can a new user register by using a allready used nick ?
thx frostschutz, i didnt noticed that, since i searched for double usernames
Hi I noticed you posted a link about duplicate usernames. I tried following the link you provided but the thread no longer exists.

I'm experiencing a problem where if the submit button is pressed twice on the registration form the field validates the second time when it shouldn't.

I'm wondering if this was the same problem and if there is a way to fix it.
It's not the same problem.

What do you mean by it 'validates' a second time... it shouldn't submit the registration twice because then there'd be a duplicate username which it wouldn't allow.
Thanks MattRogowski for responding,

sorry about that it turns out I was wrong. I have modified a custom field in the registration and the verification is acting peculiar with it and I thought this behaviour was also true for the username and it is not.

What happens on submit is any fields that are incorrect get marked with the the error message with the red x as invalid. like it should.

then if I don't change the fields at all and hit submit again then the red x and warning message dissapear from both my custom field and the username field.

I realize now that once the rest of the errors are fixed I still get a warning for the username in a yellow box at the top now instead. I't must be saving the invalid state somewhere? my custom field does not and validates even though it should not. it's not running my validation script a second time.

Sorry it's hard to explain I posted a question here about it.:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-59627.html

Also I realize since I'm modifying code I'm kind of on my own here.