MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quest about uploading the MyBB files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at the documentation and wiki about installing and uploading your MyBB files on a web host. I just want to make sure about something. I do have to upload every single file in the Upload Folder into the file uploader for the web host, right? I just wanted to make sure in case I am wrong since it seems like an unusual amount to upload.
Yes, everything in the Upload folder is needed. Lots of files = lots of features Toungue
But not the txt files, right?
What txt files are there??
One is called htaccess in the main upload folder, I think there is one or two somewhere in the admin folder... I think there might be at least one in each folder in the upload folder. Some seem to be instructions. Also, there are firefox shortcuts to Index something. I assume they all lead to the documentation or something...
You just need everything in the Upload folder, it's all there for a reason. The index files are so people can't see a list of files inside the folder if they go to the URL directly in their browser, and the htaccess.txt file in the root is so you can use the SEF URLs.
Ok. Thanks alot. Smile