MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload Signature Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You also need to login to the site, download it, open the sig page, pick the image on your computer and wait. Same thing. I get your point, I just couldn't resist answering that one Toungue
(2009-08-18, 01:04 PM)AussieJay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-18, 09:55 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea for a plugin but imo it shouldn't be in the core.
Why don't you think so?

Why do you think this have to be a core feature instead of an (official) plugin? Wink
It's easier for one thing. If administrators don't search enough, or don't bother about plugins, then they will not discover this if it were a plugin.

The system is already there for uploading images for your profile - uploading avatars - so it wouldn't be difficult to do the same for signatures.
Adding everything to the core would be easier on admins as then they would have everything. It's not the point though. I just don't see the need for it to be in the core.

Especially if they can still edit it like they do now. All your doing is becoming their image host.
I agree good plugin, not a good core. Many people would use it...
NetSage Wrote:All your doing is becoming their image host.

I disagree. As I said - signature images are generally small. If you were to upload a signature image, the image would be required in your signature, so you wouldn't be hosting the image for no reason.
IMO signatures a little bit overrated. Why do we need a hundred lines of code in core for such a feature?
btw: images in signature interferes the flow of reading...
Pages: 1 2